Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas 2013

Tim and I had a wonderful Christmas this year with our families!  Christmas Eve we hosted Tim's family for breakfast.  The guys cooked us waffles from scratch, bacon, and sausage.  Yumm!  During the day we did some baking and in the evening we headed to my aunt and uncle's house to enjoy lots of food, milk soup, and a gift exchange with my dad's side of the family.  My dad has a large family that gets a bit bigger every year, so it was a very large gathering! 

This year Tim and I actually waited until Christmas morning to open presents, although he woke me up at 7:30 because he didn't want to wait any longer.  We opened the presents we got each other, a few for our animals, and a package for our baby girl.  Tim and I both love Christmas, and this year we talked about which traditions we want to start/continue with our children, since next Christmas it won't be just the two six of us.  We also reflected on where we were last Christmas.  All I wanted for Christmas last year was to be pregnant, and at the time we didn't know if that would ever be a reality for us.  We had just finished out first failed round of fertility drugs and found out that I needed surgery.  We still enjoyed Christmas very much, but it was an emotional time for us.  This Christmas was also an emotional one, but for very different reasons.  Our baby girl is almost here, and I couldn't stop thinking about how excited I am to celebrate Christmas with her next year!

We headed to my parent's house for breakfast (monkey bread!), presents and lunch.  It was so fun watching Maiken and Nola open their presents and play with all their new toys!  In the evening we went to my mother-in-law's house for dinner and more presents.  Baby girl got lots of presents too, including her crib, carrier, clothes, and blankets.  I love all the baby things, and we are so excited to put her crib together!

Baking Russian Teacakes
with Dad and Tim

The boys making us breakfast and
 the pups hoping they drop some

Maiken and Nola playing with toys

Photobomb

Dad and his 8 siblings
 
 What a great Christmas Eve!

Helping the pups open their present Christmas morning

Tim and his new Kindle Paperwhite

Opening gifts from Santa!


Rapunzel

Our 3rd Christmas!

Adorable

4 generations


These two make me smile

More presents with the Lewises!

<3
 
~Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment