Wednesday, November 27, 2013

24 Weeks!

This week I am 24 weeks pregnant! Baby is about 11.8" long and weighs about 1.3 lbs!  Less than 4 weeks of our first trimester remain!  This week Olivia's skin is starting to look less see-through and more like what we will see when she joins us in March.

We had our 24 week appointment on Monday.  Everything is looking great!  At our appointments they check my urine for sugar and infection, check my blood pressure, measure my fundal height, and check Oliva's heartbeat.  My doctor also checks for swelling, asks about any symptoms I am having, and answers any questions I have.  They give me a Dixie cup to pee in.  No plastic cup with a lid, just a Dixie cup, and then I have to carry it back to the exam room.  It is my nightmare to walk into the hall and either trip or run into someone and have my pee go everywhere.  Luckily that has not happened.  Yet.  Fingers crossed.  Everything is looking great and right on track!

I've tried to include all the pregnancy symptoms I've experienced, but one thing I have forgot to mention was what the hormones have done to my emotional state.  Also, pregnancy brain has been getting pretty bad lately (maybe I've already mentioned that?  I can't remember.  But either way, that's probably why I have forgotten to talk about the crying).  I'm not normally much of a crier.  Every once in a while, a really touching or sad moment in a movie will make me tear up, but now that I'm pregnant, it doesn't take much to get me to tear up.  It no longer takes a really sad or powerful movie, a Barbie movie will do the trick.  Yep, I was watching a Barbie movie with Nola, and it made me tear up.  Also, Nola loves looking at pictures and videos on our phones.  Marissa took a video at our gender reveal party of the moment we cut the cake (yes, I was tearing up as we were cutting the cake, too).  Now when Nola replays the video, which is most days, multiple times, it makes me tear up.  It was a very special moment, but you'd think after the third or fourth time of hearing it, I'd get used to it.

I bought a man coat this week.  I have a couple maternity sweaters, but none of my coats zip up anymore.  I was having a hard time with the idea of spending money on a new coat that I will only wear for a few months, but it has been really cold.  So when we were at Costco this weekend and I saw a big, warm looking man coat for $30, I bought one.  $30 is totally worth it, even though it looks like a shapeless dress.

 24 weeks!

 
Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I wanted to take a moment to share what I am thankful for this holiday season.  I am so thankful to be married to Tim.  He has been so wonderful and so supportive throughout our pregnancy journey.  He comes to all my appointments with me, does most of the chores, scoops the kitty litter, wakes up with Willie in the middle of the night, and the few mornings we have had ice so far, I have come outside to see that my windshield has already been scraped!  I am thankful to have our wonderful families to spend the holidays with and our loving pets to come home to.  I am thankful for a lot of things, but this holiday season I am most thankful for the little life that is growing in my belly.  She is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to us, and yes, I am tearing up just thinking about her (damn pregnancy hormones!).

Happy Thanksgiving!

~Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment