Wednesday, November 13, 2013

22 Weeks!

This week I am 22 weeks pregnant! Baby is about 10.9" long and weighs about 15.2 ounces! Since she is about half as long as she will be when she is born but only weighs about a pound, she is a skinny babe (like all babies at this point).  I read that her skin is all wrinkly but will be filling out now as she starts gaining weight more rapidly.

Since what I eat has some impact on how her taste buds develop now that she is drinking amniotic fluid, I have been trying to eat more of a variety of things.  Tim and I are both very picky.  Among other things, I don't eat mammals.  Tim stays away from most things cheesy or creamy.  We have both been working on not saying "ewww" or acting disgusted at each other's foods as we are hoping to introduce our kids to many things and would love it if they weren't as picky as us.  It's quite the task (why does his steak have to BLEED?) so we decided to start  working on it early :)

I still crave candy.  Jolly Ranchers and Twix are my faves (neither of which I ate before getting pregnant).  I'm still about 10lbs down from my pre-pregnancy weight.  But I have been going to the gym more often.  After a very lazy and exhausting first trimester I am TRYING to get back in the habit so that when baby girl gets here and I can eat normally again (I'm assuming this isn't permanent, right?) I will have already adopted some healthy habits.  Gotta get my butt in shape before Olivia learns to run!

22 weeks!

~Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment